Smooth Square is an attempt to capture a classic analog sound in a fresh and dynamic way. This patch doesn't have a lot of effects — it's kept bare to be used as a instrument's base. Revel in the pure sound of the square wave. We've included a few macros to modulate the pitch and filters, but this sound is so good and pure it doesn't need much else.
Smooth Square is such a fundamental sound of synthesis it will fit in anywhere. Reminiscent of an analog Moog, it can be put to use in an 8-bit setting, a funk band, an ambient track, metal rock music — wherever you want it to fit, it will.
It has 6 macros, with two empty for you to fill in with your own effects:
- Filter Frequency: the cutoff frequency for the low pass filter
- Pitch Envelope: the amount of pitch envelope applied. Negative numbers start the pitch low and glide up, positive numbers glide down from a higher pitch.
- P. Evn. Decay: the length of the pitch envelope.
- LFO Amount: the amount of LFO on the pitch of the oscillators
- Spread: Operator's spread parameter, a chorus-like frequency spreading quality
- Filter Envelope: gives attack to the sound via the filter. Note that because Glide is enabled, you will only get the filter attack on primary notes, not notes that are glided to.
This patch requires Operator.